Asia’s Largest Forum on Solar to Boost Green Industry
Taiwan is all geared up to host what is being called Asia’s biggestforum on solar power. The two-day 2010 Taipei Summit and PV Taiwan Forum starting tomorrow is expected to boost the green energy industry. Aimed at improving solar energy cooperation between Taiwan and various otherAsian countries, the forum will see heads of local solar cell makersdelivering speeches on global development of solar energy.
As many as 90 officials from the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam,Malaysia, Singapore, Germany and Taiwan will be participating in thediscussions. According to the PV Status Report 2010 released by theEuropean Union in September, Taiwan is presently the second-largestsolar cell producer after China. It has increased its solar cellproduction by 20 percent over the last five years and hopes to set a new record in the near future.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?