Asian Development Bank Creates $9 Billion Solar Power Initiative
The Asian DevelopmentBank (ADB) has announced a massive plan to spur solar power growthin Asia.
The ADB has designed the Asia Solar Energy Initiative, will infuseUS$9 billion of capital into the regional market. ADB’s plan is tostimulate the industry quickly and generate 3,000-megawatts of solarpower in the next three years.
The Asia Solar Energy Initiative will not only provide financing, but will also offer a wide range of projects and knowledge-sharing tools to help attract commercial banks and private-sector investment.
The Initiative will also establish and host an annual Solar Energy Forum; the forum will track developments in the solarindustry, discuss innovative methods to attract investment, and discussnew solar proposals.
Asia’s energy demand is expected to double in the next twenty years. ADB Managing Director General Rajat Nag says solar power can be anenergy solution for the future: "Given Central Asia’s growing demandfor electricity, the availability of desert land for large- scale solar energy development, and their stated commitment to offset high carbonemissions, several countries in the region are excellent candidates for ADB support through this initiative."
Read the full story at SustainableBusiness.com: Asian Development Bank Announces $9B Solar Energy Initiatvie
EnergyBoom is a global leader in news information about the renewable energy sector, offering expert analysis to keep you on the cutting edge of the renewable energy world. From public policy and financial analysis to company profiles to social commentary and the basics, EnergyBoom is your 360° view of the renewable energy world. Our contributors scour the globe daily for the latest news and information delivering insight and analysis, covering everything from new technologies to breaking news.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!