Ascent Solar Shares Rise 20% On Deal With Turtle Energy
It’s been a great 24 hours for Ascent Solar (ASTI). Yesterday, thestock gapped up above the 50 day moving average on news of a supply deal with Goal Zero and is up another 20% this morning on news it has signed a multi year supply deal with TurtleEnergy. ASTI will deliver up to 67MW of high efficiency flexible thin filmsolar modules over the course of five years and will begin shippingearly next year.
John Millard, founder of TurtleEnergy, said, “Ascent Solar iswell-positioned to reduce the cost of PV systems and enableintroduction of innovative product solutions to the marketplace withits lightweight, flexible and high efficiency PV modules. This is aperfect compliment to our company as a leader in introducing new andunique value-added solutions for clients. Under our developmentagreement with Ascent Solar, we have gained considerable experienceworking with its product over the past ten months and are now pleasedto become a customer as we plan to be the first solar systemsintegrator to come to market using our leading-edge approach usingthese materials.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System