Applied Materials to demo power of scaling solar technology
“Scale” is the key – scalingup power output through higher efficiency and bigger panels whilescaling down cost through faster processing, tighter process controland lower material costs.
Applied is widely known for itsaward-winning SunFab Thin Film Line that produces panels with theworld’s highest power output. Delivering more than 460 watts, each ofthese 5.7m2 panels has over three times the output of any other thinfilm glass panel on the market.
When used for large-scaleapplications, these panels can provide an entire manufacturingecosystem, linking solar panel producers, utility companies andcommunities to attract local investment and create jobs for generatingclean solar energy at a competitive cost.
Applied also servesover 40% of the crystalline silicon (c-Si) PV module manufacturingmarket with its broad portfolio of wafer and cell processing systems.By focusing on key steps of the c-Si fabrication process, Applied isworking on providing new integration and automation solutions toenhance cell manufacturing.
New breakthroughs in thehigh-speed processing of ultra-thin wafers: wafer slicing, filmdeposition and integrated backend processing will enable lowermanufacturing costs and superior cell properties.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?