Applied Materials Hosts China’s MoST
Applied Materials hosted a delegation from China’s Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) recently. Among the key topics discussed was thegrowing Chinese solar manufacturing industry and Applied’s role insupporting that growth through our Solar Technology Center in Xi’an, China and with our wafering and screen printing tools. Thedelegation also toured our photovoltaic (PV) Systems lab to understandthe benefits of large scale modules in installation savings.
MoST also plays a critical role in helping to develop the new LEDmanufacturing industry in China. During the presentations, thedelegation was able to understand LED manufacturing challenges and Applied Materials’ capabilities to help solve these challenges.Since LED brightness and yield are important to the industry, thedelegation discussed the need for more robust standards to help build up quality across the supply chain. Applied Materials is developingsolutions to help bridge that quality gap.
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa
- New Jersey Solar: The Situation Gets Bigger
- Technology and The Green Movement
- Supply and Demand in Solar Materials Market
- Solar In The Classroom
- In Focus: How Green are Electric Vehicles?
- How First Solar Should Spend Their New Cash
- Silicon-Boron Electrodes: The Key to Longer Battery Life?
- U.S Solar Hits Milestone