Apple Patent Hints at Solar iPods (AAPL)
Apple’s employees have appliedfor a patent that relates to devices that are powered by onboardtransparent solar cells. Dubbed the Power Management Circuitry andSolar Cells, the patent hints at new PMPs that are powered entirely byrenewable energy.
The patentalso deals with power electronics for managing electricity flow frommultiple solar cells on a single device. And the application outlinesthe methods to ensure that the solar cells will only charge the batterywhere there is sufficient voltage being produced, else the device willdirectly be powered by solar energy.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System