Amtech discloses previously announced large solar order in December is from Yingli
Amtech Systems Inc., a global supplier of production and automationsystems and related supplies for the manufacture of solar cells,semiconductors, and silicon wafers, disclosed that its previouslyannounced a large solar order received from one existing customer inDecember 2009 is from Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. Ltd.
TheYingli order is for fully automated diffusion furnace systems to beused in Yingli’s 300MW PANDA mono-crystalline expansion project. Theseorders are expected to ship from the beginning of the second quarterthrough the end of the third in 2010.
J.S. Whang, President andCEO of Amtech, commented: “This large order from Yingli is a result ofthe successful high efficiency cell collaboration project we announcedin a press release last June among Yingli, the Energy Research Centreof the Netherlands (ECN) and Tempress Systems, Amtech’s solarsubsidiary, to develop next generation high efficiency solar cells.
"Weare very pleased to be an essential part of the PANDA project and toreceive such a significant follow-on order from one of the world’sleading vertically integrated photovoltaic product manufacturers in theworld. We believe this will help our client further increase their cellconversion efficiency to their target level."
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?