Amtech announces $33 million in new solar orders in October
Amtech Systems Inc., a global supplier of production and automationsystems and related supplies for the manufacture of solar cells,semiconductors, and silicon wafers, announced that its solar subsidiary, Tempress Systems Inc., has received approximately $33 million in newsolar orders for its diffusion processing systems from several new andexisting customers in Asia.
These orders were received in October 2010. Amtech’s fiscal 2011 began October 1, 2010.
J.S. Whang, CEO of Amtech, commented: “These latest orders furtherdemonstrate the quality and depth of our expanding solar customer base,and our ability to provide excellent product and service to theindustry. We believe the intense effort by our customers and the solarindustry to increase cell efficiency will continue to drive demand forour superior diffusion technology.
“We continue to see excellent quotation activity and remain focused on continued successful execution of our solar growth strategy.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?