Amonix Receives LEED Certification
It’s great to see solar manufacturers begin to get their plants LEED-certified – it’s time for them to move beyond producing clean energy and make sure their operations and buildings are green too.
Amonix manufactures its MegaModule® CPV systems at a 214,000 square foot North Las Vegas facility. Its own solar systems will supply all the plant’s energy needs – about 2,500 megawatt hours (MWhs) a year.
Thus, the plant will use solar energy to make solar energy. The plant will produce CPV systems that will generate 375,000 MWhs per year.
Amonix also incorporated lighting arrays that exceed LEED requirements by 15-20%, high-performance plumbing fixtures that lower water use 41%, and Energy Star equipment.
Its headquarters in Seal Beach, California are in a renovated 78,000 square foot building. It earned the maximum score for its lighting system designs, which minimize wasted ambient light by focusing on work areas rather than common spaces by installing tubular “daylighting” devices to bring natural light into dark spaces.
Online since 1996, we provide global news and networking services to help green business grow. We cover all green business sectors including renewable energy, green building and green investing. Services include: Daily Green Business and Green Investor News; our leading green jobs service, Green Dream Jobs, a hands-on green investing newsletter, Progressive Investor; and networking services for green businesses that seek capital and partners.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!