Albiasa Teams With Pacific Light and Power On 10 MW CSP Plant
Albiasa Corp., a developer and supplier of solar thermal technology, hasreceived a letter of intent from Pacific Light & Power (PLP) for the supply of solar collection and thermal energy storagetechnology and equipment for its 10 MW PLP Kauai 1 project in Hawaii.
The project is being developed by Albiasa and PLP, a developer of hybridutility-scale renewable power generation facilities that utilizerenewable energy technologies, such as solar and wind, coupled withresource intermittency mitigation components. Albiasa says it hasalready completed substantial preliminary engineering and is now working on design-optimization activities.
Situated on 100 acres ofdormant farm land between the towns of Kekaha and Waimea on the Hawaiian island of Kauai, PLP Kauai 1 will be the first utility-scale renewablepower generation facility in Kauai and the largest solar project inHawaii, according to the companies. PLP is currently negotiating along-term power purchase agreement with Kauai Island UtilityCooperative.
Construction of the project is scheduled to beginlate this year and could be completed as early as the end of 2011.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?