Al Gore: “There is no backup plan”
Nobelist Al Gore just posted this message on his website:
A Historic Opportunity June 26, 2009:
Today is an historic opportunity to pass truly meaningfullegislation to limit global warming pollution, vastly expand our use ofrenewable energy, and use energy far more efficiently. A victory todayin the House of Representatives on the American Clean Energy andSecurity (ACES) Act would represent an essential first step towardssolving the climate crisis. This bill doesn’t solve every problem, butpassage today means that we build momentum for the debate coming up inthe Senate and negotiations for the treaty talks in December which willput in place a global solution to the climate crisis.
There is no back-up plan. There is not a stronger bill waiting topass the House of Representatives. It’s time to get started on a planthat will create jobs, increase our national security, and build theclean energy economy that will Repower America.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?