Akeena Solar (AKNS) Completes 660kw Solar Installation For Cali National Guard
The Cali Air National Guard in Fresno will now be basking in thewarm glow of solar electricity .. 600kw to be exact. Akeena Solar(AKNS) just finished installing 3819 panels across three new carportswhich will provide enough power to supply one third of the total powerat the base, resulting in $100k in annual cost savings.
“As the largest consumer of energy in the United States, themilitary is an ideal role model to promote innovative approaches toenergy use and solar technology,” said Barry Cinnamon, CEO of AkeenaSolar. “As the military continuously looks for ways to modernize, thisinstallation will stand out as a benchmark project that provides both asolid investment of public funds and clean, renewable solar power.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?