AES Solar Energy Lands Project Financing For 43 MW PV Plant
AES Solar Energy Ltd., a joint venture between The AES Corp. and RiverstoneHoldings LLC, says that one of its subsidiaries has closed onlong-term project financing of 173 million euros to finance theconstruction of the Cellino San Marco (CSM) project, a 43 MW solarphotovoltaic facility located in the Puglia region of Italy.
Atotal of five banks participated in this financing: Societe Generale,Unicredit Mediocredito Centrale, BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole Corporateand Investment Bank, and Dexia Crediop.
Construction on theproject is under way, and the project is expected to reach commercialoperation by the end of this year, qualifying it for a 20-year regulated feed-in tariff under the Conto Energia scheme. CSM will use First Solar thin-film panels.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System