AER Electric Concept Motorcycle from Andre Federico Look
Auto designer Andre Federico Look believes that racing is a significant medium in communication newtechnology and motorsports has the chance to demonstrate new technicaland creative solutions within the framework of competition. To prove his belief, Andrea has come up with a concept electric motorcycle that canrival any conventionally-powered machine on the racetrack.
Christened the AER, the motorcycle features an asymmetrical chassiswhich takes care of maintenance and service in the pit lane. Themotorcycle is propelled four electric engines that collectively generate a whooping 143.5KW of raw power. To evenly distribute weight, the fourelectric engines and their battery packs are centered as compact aspossible.
The “framerings” enclose the package of the motors and the batteries by assembling them to an engine block. Beyond that, the rims and otherhighly stressed components require to influence the bikes handling in apositive way. The tires, wheel flashings, and the rims are combined to a self-contained system. The rims are laid out to fit the needs of asensitive tire temperature management. Especially, at the end of a race, the tires are worn – by ensuring a more constant temperature over thelaps it would be possible to finish the competition without fightingagainst the specific tire problems.
By assembling one smaller electric engine in the front wheel it ispossible to recuperate a big amount of braking energy by only onesystem. The engine/generator system weighs about 4.5kg which isinsignificant in comparison to a typical braking system. This motorsupports in reference to acceleration and helps to reduce the stress for the rear wheel tire.
The designer has figured out two possible battery technologies,which use oxygen in the air for energy generation. The battery packsmight either use lithium-air technology or zinc-air technology. Thisupcoming technology provides up to ten times the energy density ofconventional lithium-ion battery.
Thanks: [Andre Federico Look]
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!