Abound, Takes On RIval First Solar (FSLR)
Abound, a small, privately held US start-up, is taking on industrygiant First Solar. What’s more, they think they can win. Like FirstSolar, Abound makes cadmium telluride solar panels. First Solar hasmanaged to reduce the cost of its solar power to 98 cents per watt.According to Reuters, Abound thinks it can do better:
We think we have a slight technological advantage over First Solar,"Chief Executive Pascal Noronha said in an interview. "And by the way Ithink very highly of First Solar."
Abound’s manufacturing process, Noronha said, is completelyautomated and continuous, allowing the company to convert sheets ofglass into solar panels in less than two hours without human labor.
Abound believes it will equal First Solar in terms of cost-per-wattwithin three months, and then expects to do even better. We’ll have tosee if they can live up to their promises, and if First Solar can keepup!
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!