A123 Secures Supply Agreement with ALTe $AONE
Following the company’s recent deal with General Motors (GM), A123 Systems (AONE) has now secured a further ‘long-term’ supply agreement with ALTe, a developer of Range Extended Electric Powertrains used to repower light commercial vehicles.
AONE’s advanced Nanophosphate technology will be used to build 21.6 kWh battery packs, forming a critical part of ALTe’s powertrain.
“We selected A123 Systems as a primary supplier of lithium ion battery technology because the company’s cost-competitive, high-quality solutions meet the rigorous performance, safety and durability needs of our powertrain platform,” said ALTe CEO John Thomas. “With A123’s battery packs as an integral part of our systems, we will be able to provide a compelling hybrid retrofit solution that can exceed both the power and efficiency demands of the fleet market.”
- However, there may have been some disappointment at AONE over GM’s later announcement of the strengthening of the company’s collaboration with LG Group – more here.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- In Focus: Vertical Farming
- Why Green Buildings Work
- FUTUREWATCH: 3D NAND Flash Memory
- STUDY: Humans Caused Climate Change
- Nickel Iron Battery
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix