$.75 Per Watt Solar Modules at Stion
Stion is having a CIGS solar panel sale.
The VC- and strategic-funded CIGS solar firm sent out an email blast offering solar modules “for as low as $.75 per watt.” Neither the email nor a a subsequently contacted representative of the company disclosed the volumes available or the terms of the offer for modules at that price. Aaron Thurlow, Stion VP of West Coast Sales, did say that these were fully UL-compliant modules shipping from Stion’s Hattiesburg, Mississippi factory.
As GTM Research Solar Analyst MJ Shiao has discussed in his recent thin film market analysis, thin film vendors have a small window of opportunity to be competitive — but the firms have to get their factories running at capacity to realize the cost promise of the technology. And having this type of sale is one way to get it done.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS