3Sun PV Factory Plans Advance
Enel Green Power, Sharp and STMicroelectronics have signed a binding letter of commitment for a project-financing agreement for150 million euros for the development of what will be Italy’s biggestphotovoltaic panel factory, according to the companies.
The 3Sun equal-share joint venture thus enters its operational phase, in line with the agreement signed by the three partners in January. The goal of the joint venture is to start operations at the Cataniafactory for the integrated production of photovoltaic cells and panels.
The Sicilian factory’s initial photovoltaic panel production capacity,equivalent to 160 MW per year, is to be financed through a combinationof self-financing, funding from the CIPE (the Italian Joint MinisterialCommittee for Economic planning) – which recently set aside 49 millioneuros for this project – and project financing provided by banks.
Each partner has underwritten one-third of the equity – with a commitment of 70 million euros in cash or in tangible and intangible assets, aspreviously announced – and holds one-third of the shares in the newjoint venture.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy