2010 Green Schools Summit Workshop and Conference
On October 4, between 12:00 PM – 4:30 PM, there will be a half-day preconference workshop titled Green Your District, Your Schools, and Your Teaching.
This workshop will capitalize on the experiences of three local experts.Interactive activities will keep participants engaged and provideopportunities for networking with other professionals. This workshopendeavors to help provide the resources needed to improve existingsustainability initiatives or to build a program from the ground up.
Brian Dunbar, Director, Institute for the Built Environment, Colorado StateUniversity will present the first segment about how to develop an SMS,SDG, and partner-enhanced integrated sustainable design.
BillFranzen, SAGE 2 Associates, LLC is responsible for the second segment,he will focus on the process, importance, and benefits of green schooldesign and operations.
Farah McDill, Green School Specialist will conduct the final segment. She will focus on the end-users, theteachers and students, and how they can best understand the builtenvironment of educational facilities, through building-focusedsustainability clubs and behavior change.
On October 4, between 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM there will be an evening networking reception that is open to the public (cash bar).
On October 5, between 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM there will be a full dayeducational conference providing professional development and continuing education credits. The conference is called the 2010 Green Schools Summit: Graduate to Green
The conference offers three tracks: Design (for architects, engineers,contractors and those involved in construction), Maintenance (fordistrict personnel including facilities, administrators, energymanagers) and Curriculum (for teachers, parents, students andeco-advocates). View Session Descriptions
There will also be updates from U.S. Green Building Council’s national greenschools movement, Governor’s Energy Office, and the Colorado Departmentof Education.
Companies that work with schools are being asked to sponsor a school district to help them attend the Green Schools Summit.
Richard Matthews is a consultant, eco-entrepreneur, sustainable investor and writer. He is the owner of THE GREEN MARKET, one of the Web’s most comprehensive resources on the business of the environment. He is also the author of numerous articles on sustainable positioning, green investing, enviro-politics and eco-economics.
Richard Matthews is a consultant, sustainable investor, writer and owner of The Green Market Oracle, a leading sustainable business blog that covers the convergence of sustainable capitalism and the global environment.The Green Market is one of the most comprehensive resources for information and tools on sustainability. Follow The Green Market's twitter feed and see the Facebook Fan Page. Richard is a contributor to more than 50 publications. Find him on Facebook and Linkedin.
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa