1BOG Launches Pilot Reward Program With SunWize
One Block Off the Grid (1BOG), a solar buying collective, has introduceda new pilot community reward program and partnership with SunWizeTechnologies to coincide with the launch of the new Los Angeles 1BOGcampaign.
Los Angeles area homeowners can now buy solar energyat a group discount rate of $5.56 per watt through joining a 1BOGcommunity. This is a 23% reduction over standard rates for solar in LAfor 2009, according to 1BOG.
In addition, for the first time,1BOG and SunWize will give a check to every 1BOG member who goes solar,with a dollar amount that increases as the group grows. Starting at$100, $10 will be added to each check for every additional member whopurchases a system.
1BOG has also rolled out a new onlineestimation tool designed to provide a detailed, real-time estimate ofthe cost and payback of a solar investment for a specific home, withinone minute. The tool takes into account federal, state and local LosAngeles rebates and incentives as well as the tilt, orientation andshading of each homeowner’s specific roof.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?